Friday, March 11, 2011

The life of a Nurse-Maid

There has been so much illness going around this town lately, and unfortunately we haven't been immune to it. :/
So the other day my lovely sister-in-law was asking, via facebook, how we were doing, because as of today, we've had the Influenza B virus in our house for three (yes, I said THREE) weeks! As I was typing out my response to her, I saw how absolutely absurd it looked! I must be crazy, truly. I've copy & pasted my response to her, so that you can see how absolutely crazy I really am:

"Well, Roxie didn't run a fever for over 24 hours, so I thought she was better. Sent her to ballet, she ate lunch, went down for a nap and when she woke up it was back to 102. :(

Calum isn't running a fever anymore, but has been throwing up and pretty crabby.

Colby started running a low grade fever today and woke up with the cough/congestion.

Asher, Cailin & Kelly are on the mend. Today was Cailin & Ashers 1st day back to school, so they are beat - it wore them out. Kelly went back to school yesterday, and Ethen is back to his normal self.

Sorry you asked? lol

I forgot Tajia! lol She's fine. ***knock on wood***

And as a self-professed germaphobe, I'm numb. After 2 1/2 weeks of this crap, I don't even care about the germs anymore. Let's make Tajia get it, and get it over with already!
I've gone through 2 containers of disinfectant wipes & almost a whole bottle of lysol spray. lol Not to mention the other household cleaners. And paper towels! I haven't been using hand towels, because with 8 kids, I'm sure they're harboring all sorts of lovely germs, so we've gone through countless rolls of paper towels. Good thing I buy them at costco. ;) "

Crazy enough for you? It's now been confirmed.

And I realized that along with the paper towels, disinfectant wipes and lysol spray, I've also made more Jell-0 (did you know they make pineapple flavor, as well as strawberry banana? ya, they have quite the variety), Ramen noodles and toast than I have in my entire life, and that is no lie!

There was one day last week when I was sick, and I had 4 sick kids. Needless to say, I cried that day. hahaha I also cried last Monday when Calum started running a fever. It was 100.4 and these sweet little babies are supposed to head to the doctor the minute it reaches 100.2. I was devastated. I tried so hard to not get this little babe sick, and all my efforts were a big fail. Luckily, thanks to the gift of the priesthood power, my wee one never got it as bad as some of the others. He had a fever Monday and Tuesday, he was throwing up on Wednesday and by Thursday he was back to his sweet little self. He never even got the congestion and cough that the rest of us had!

We're still waiting for Tajia to get it. So far, somehow, she has managed to evade it. I honestly don't know how, as she shares a room with three other little girls and those three other girls are a bundling mess of coughs, snot & lovely little germs. She must have an immune system of steel.

No comments:

Post a Comment